Saturday 23 May 2015

How long is the radio going to last?

Radio, do we even listen to it any more?
When do we listen to it? at work? in the car? Me personally, i barely listen to the radio. But when i was a child i remember the radio being very prominent. As a family we would have it playing outside as the children played. Going to and from the shops the radio would be blaring in the car.

But now as i look at my day to day life i wonder..... Where did the radio go? Some people still love the radio and listen to it on a day to day basis. But as CD's and MP3's player hit the market, and now the new age of "apps" we're starting to listen less and less of the radio.

With Apps like Spotify where we can demand the music we want to listen to on the fly. Starts to rule out the need for music on the radio. The availability of "pod casts" where we can listen to 1 hour long clips of almost absolutely anything. Are these all starting to destroy the radio industry or are these giving the radio more and more content?

In my opinion based off my own personal experience. I believe it is starting to destroy the radio industry. I now find no need for the radio. I burn CDs of the music that i want to listen that I find in my music library on my computer which I access to virtually anywhere. I have thousands of songs stored on my phone that allows me to listen to any given song at any given moment.

In my day to day life I find very little need for the radio any more. Not long back i was working as a labourer and even then people were starting to not listen to the radio but more play music from there phones through the use of speakers.

So urge you to just ponder for 5 minutes. Where is the radio for you now? Do you still listen to it on a regular basis? or are you now someone like me? that really has no need for it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment